The Club was founded in 1945 as a unit of the 9th Battalion (Home Guard) Gloucester’s. The 9th Battalion used an old army range built in the 1930s where the shooting was done whilst standing in a 4 feet deep trench. Many of the club members in the later years were unaware that the floor they laid on to shoot from covered this trench.
The club changed its name to North Bristol Rifle Club in 1954. In 1995 the club also changed venue from the site in Horfield to Failand. Shortly after that, in 1998, the club moved again to its present location in Shirehampton to a purpose built range constructed in the 1960s by local shooting enthusiasts.
The Bar and Clubroom